Polystarch was a type of instant bread that was included in some military rations. It was made by mixing a brownish flour with water in a container. A brief stir caused a chemical reaction, prompting the mixture to rapidly expand and solidify into a doughy loaf.
Behind the scenesEdit
The instant bread effect in The Force Awakens was done practically. Special effects supervisor Chris Corbould said "You wouldn’t believe how long it took to actually perfect that one, that little tiny gag in the film." Said bread, however, tasted terrible and probably had next to no real nutritional value.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Polystarch)
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ McNally, Victoria (2016-01-14). ‘Star Wars': Rey’s Instant Bread Wasn’t CGI — It Was Totally Real. MTV. Retrieved on January 15, 2016.