- "And now, my dear friend Leia Organa Solo tells me about her discovery that Padmé was her mother, and of what became of Anakin. My head is still reeling. I've known Leia ever since we both served in the Imperial Senate, and to think that neither of us ever had the slightest inkling that we were first cousins."
- ―Pooja Naberrie
Pooja Naberrie was a Human female who was the younger daughter of Sola Naberrie and Darred Janren Naberrie, the younger sister of Ryoo Naberrie, and the niece of Padmé Amidala. This relationship made her the first cousin of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo.
Similarly to her sister Ryoo, who was named after their mother's maternal grandmother, Pooja received the name of her father's maternal grandmother. As a child, she was considered to be very talkative and like many other young children, she seemed to have a new idea for what she wanted to be when she grew up every week and often spoke of being a senator, a teacher, a starfighter pilot, a tusk cat trainer, and even an astromech droid. It is said that she, like her sister, had a crush on Anakin Skywalker, the future husband of their aunt, when he visited and she also liked playing games with him and asked a lot of questions.
In 21 BBY, Amidala had been compelled to miss Pooja's fifth birthday celebrations because of her work in the Galactic Senate. She had sent a gift to Pooja and commed her beloved niece on the day, but she still felt guilty for not being able to be there in person.
In 6 BBY, at age 20, Pooja was appointed representative of Naboo's sector in the Imperial Senate by Queen Kylantha, succeeding Senator Jar Jar Binks. This made her a colleague of her cousin, Leia Organa, the senator of Alderaan, and the two became good friends, completely unaware of their familial relationship. She would hold the position of senator until the Imperial Senate's dissolution in 0 BBY.
During the Galactic Civil War, Pooja was a secret Rebel sympathizer, but also a great supporter of the queen. In order to ensure Senator Naberrie's security, a woman named Kima Nazith served as Pooja's bodyguard.
Around 36 ABY, Leia met with Pooja and told her about her discovery that Padmé was her mother and that the two of them were first cousins. Pooja subsequently recounted to Leia her recollections of Anakin Skywalker.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Deleted scene)
- Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Last of the Jedi: Death on Naboo (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Mythmaking: Behind the Scenes of Attack of the Clones (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 84 (NAB 33-36, Naboo - Naberrie Family Home)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 105 (NAB 8, Sola Naberrie)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (FAM 1, Skywalker Family Tree)
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (Misspelled as "Poo'ja")
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Star Wars Annual 2009
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Card: Pooja Naberrie)
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Ultimate Illustrated Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Official Star Wars Fact File 105 (NAB 7-8, Sola Naberrie)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones deleted scene
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- ↑ Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith