|Chronological and political information|
- "Porcellus is the best cook on Tatooine."
"Oh, you are much too kind, sir."
"He was brought here by Jabba the Hutt, a local... businessman of great repute. Most of the time Porcellus cooks for Jabba and his court, but when he is free, he creates his delights here."
- ―Feltipern Trevagg and Porcellus
Porcellus was a balding male Human chef who worked for Jabba Desilijic Tiure during the Galactic Civil War. He was assisted by Phlegmin, the kitchen boy. Before working for the Hutt, he worked for Yndis Mylore.
- "Oh, I must return to the kitchens before your praise overcooks my ego. Please, do come again."
Eventually, he ended up working for the mighty Jabba the Hutt. He lived in constant fear, knowing that if he made one bad meal, Jabba would feed him to his rancor. While he was Jabba's chef he became friends with the Askajian dancer Yarna d'al' Gargan and Malakili, the Rancor keeper.
Porcellus found it necessary to hide the choicest morsels and meals behind an electrified fence in his kitchen to keep the Palace's Gamorreans and Phlegmin, the kitchen boy, from stealing too many "samples". This, incidentally, kept him alive, as he did not wish to see his master going hungry.
Porcellus felt deep remorse for Leia Organa and realized that she was in love with Han Solo. Due to his compassionate nature, he decided to help Solo, and fed him, helping to keep him alive. For this he was thanked by Leia. Porcellus's life was soon in jeopardy, however, when Jabba accused him of putting a fierfek, or hex, on the food, noting that others such as Oola and Jubnuk, who consumed his cooking died shortly thereafter. He was sentenced to death. However, Jabba was killed before the sentence could be carried out and Porcellus was freed by Malakili. They later founded a restaurant together called the Crystal Moon Restaurant in Mos Eisley.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars Galaxies, originally, Porcellus was bald and wore dark green clothes, but his appearance has been changed to a more chef-like one, as he now wears a white apron and a chef's hat. He also now has black hair.
- Nightlily: The Lovers' Tale (First appearance)
- Nightlily: The Lovers' Tale audio drama
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale
- "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- And the Band Played On: The Band's Tale (Mentioned only)
- That's Entertainment: The Tale of Salacious Crumb (Mentioned only)
- Of the Day's Annoyances: Bib Fortuna's Tale (Mentioned only)
- Taster's Choice: The Tale of Jabba's Chef
- Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees
- And Then There Were Some: The Gamorrean Guard's Tale
- The Great God Quay: The Tale of Barada and the Weequays (Mentioned only)
- Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale (Mentioned only)
- Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...? (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- Secrets of Tatooine
- "Who's Who in Jabba's Palace"—Star Wars Insider 60
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 6
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion