A member of the Gank species
|Approximate dates in other dating systems|
Year 31,453–32,453 TYA
Years 1,347–347 BTC
|Facts and statistics|
Timeline from the Manderon Period until the Old Sith WarsEdit
- 5000 BBY
- The Unification Wars come to an end, with the Koros system united under Empress Teta's rule.
- Marka Ragnos dies, prompting a duel between the rival Sith Lords Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow, who both seek to succeed Ragnos. As Ragnos's spirit looks on, Sadow emerges victorious and is anointed the new Dark Lord of the Sith.
- The Great Hyperspace War—a galactic conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire—erupts when two young hyperspace scouts, Gav and Jori Daragon, accidentally make contact with the Sith.
- The Manderon Period ends.
- Sadow instigates the Great Hyperspace War in hopes of conquering the Republic, invading major Republic worlds such as Coruscant and the Koros system along the Daragon Trail hyperlane.
- King Adas's holocron is lost on the planet Ashas Ree following the death of its owner, Lord Garu.
- Sadow's forces are ultimately driven back when his forces are revealed to be largely illusions, and Sadow flees back to the Sith Empire, where he is confronted by Ludo Kressh.
- Sadow escapes after destroying Kressh's fleet just ahead of a Republic fleet pursuing him, and ultimately finds refuge on the moon of Yavin 4.
- The Sith starship Omen crashes on the remote planet Kesh, stranding its crew as the Lost Tribe of Sith, while its sister ship Harbinger is thrown into the future and arrives around 41 ABY.
- Supreme Chancellor Pultimo orders an invasion of the Stygian Caldera to wipe out the remains of the Sith Empire.
- A supernova occurs in the Moddell sector, forming the Din Pulsar. (Approximate date)
- Duros scouts discover the planet Adnerem. (Approximate date)
- Csilla undergoes an ice age, blanketing its surface with glaciers and forcing the Chiss species to move underground. (Approximate date)
- The symbol of the Academy of Carida is carved into the moon of Carida, earning it the name of the Mascot Moon. (Approximate date)
- 4999 BBY
- The Sith Lord Vitiate calls the remaining Sith Lords of the Empire to his homeworld of Nathema, where he binds their wills to his own and conducts a powerful ritual of Sith magic. The Ritual of Nathema strips the Force from the entire planet, killing everyone on the world except Vitiate; Vitiate is made immortal and immensely powerful, becoming the Sith Emperor.
- Blaming Nathema's destruction on the Jedi, the Sith Emperor gathers the remains of the Empire and embarks on a length exodus from Sith Space.
- 4998 BBY
- c. 4995 BBY
- c. 4992 BBY
- 4987 BBY
- 4985 BBY
- 4980 BBY
- 4975 BBY
- Yaru Korsin dies following an uprising led by his wife Seelah, and his daughter Nida suceeds him as Grand Lord.
- 4960 BBY
- c. 4904 BBY
- 4896 BBY
- Nida Korsin's seventy-nine-year reign as Grand Lord ends with her death.
- 4800 BBY
- The Gank Massacres begin: with the discovery of the spice ryll, the newly-discovered Porporite species is whipped into a homicidal frenzy by the spice, prompting various factions to hire mercenaries from the Gank species to protect them. The Gank exterminated the Porporites and went on a violent rampage of their own.
- 4789 BBY
- 4775 BBY
- c. 4645 BBY
- 4606 BBY
- c. 4600 BBY
- 4598 BBY
- c. 4500 BBY
- Parties from the Republic begin to contact the planet Kamino, seeking to make use of the Kaminoans' exceptional cloning technology.
- By this time, Republic scouts had discovered the star systems of the future Corporate Sector.
- The Altiri and Anarrians come into contact with each other, sparking a global conflict that lasts for almost six hundred years.
- An independent scout vessel drops out hyperspace too close to the gravity well of the planet Iol, causing the pilot to crash on the planet and inadvertently uncovering a large vein of ore used in the creation of durasteel. The pilot names the planet Iol and submits a claim to the world, but Tangan Industries intercepts and modifies his claim to give the company rights to the world.
- The Barabel War, a millennia-long conflict among the Barabel species, erupts due to disputes over hunting grounds on their homeworld of Barab I.
- c. 4498 BBY
- Tangan Industries has completed a full mining colony on Iol, which expands into three cities scattered across the planet over the next few centuries.
- 4400 BBY
- After being denied Knighthood, a Padawan named Freedon Nadd explores the Yavin system and encounters Naga Sadow's spirit, who sways Nadd to the dark side of the Force. Nadd kills Sadow's spirit and establishes himself as a king on the planet Onderon, where he institutes a policy to banish criminals into the wilds beyond the walls of the city of Iziz. Nadd establishes a dynasty of dark side-wielding monarchs.
- The exiled criminals manage to tame Onderon's wild beasts to become the Beast Riders, and the Beast Riders wage war on Iziz, sparking the Beast Wars.
- The Mon Calamari of Dac begin to launch starliners to colonize planets around their homeworld over the next two centuries. (Approximate date)
- Around this time, a team of Jedi Knights including the Devaronian Chamma are sent to investigate a distress call on the planet Athiss. There, the group is attacked by Sith devotees, and Chamma succumbs to the dark side during the encounter. Disappointed in his failure, Chamma goes into self-imposed exile on H'ratth. (Approximate date)
- 4300 BBY
- 4250 BBY
- The Third Great Schism erupts as Dark Jedi wage war against their fellows on Coruscant. The Dark Jedi are eventually driven offworld and retreat to the Vultar system, where their attempt to harness the power of the Cosmic Turbine ends in the Vultar Cataclysm—the annihilation of the entire Vultar system.
- The wingmaw and its primary predator, the Balmorran maweater, are accidentally carried from their home island chain to the mainland of the planet Balmorra. (Approximate date)
- 4225 BBY
- c. 4200 BBY
- The Mecrosa Order is founded on Nyssa by Viscountess Mireya, though the organization is corrupted—allegedly by Mireya herself—by Sith teachings over the next two centuries.
- The planet Tatooine is first settled by offworlders.
- The planet Argazda seeks to be admitted to the Republic.
- The Hapes Cluster becomes a haven for the Lorell Raiders, a group of pirates who prowl the Perlemian for generations.
- The planet Arkanis is colonized by pilgrims from Ator.
- c. 4100s BBY
- New navicomputer technology begins to render jump-beacons obsolete.
- 4166 BBY
- 4129 BBY
- c. 4100 BBY
- 4086 BBY
- 4085 BBY
- A vintage of wine that will become known as the particularly rare Ord Mantell 432 BTC is produced on Ord Mantell.
- 4070 BBY
- 4067 BBY
- c. 4056 BBY
- The Dynamet Corporation donates a large sum of credits to the hospital Mercy General on Taris for the construction of a wing devoted to curing the rakghoul plague. The hospital is renamed Dynamet General in thanks.
- Around this time, civil war breaks out between Taris's nobility and the planet's largely alien lower class. The conflict is sparked when rising levels of toxic pollution poison the planet's oceans and famine sweeps the city-world, and the nobility begin to hoard food for themselves. Though the lower classes rise up against the nobility, the rebellion is ultimately crushed after millions died in the fighting.
- c. 4050 BBY
- Jedi Knights devastate the Lorell Raiders at the Battle of Lorell, forcing the survivors to retreat to the Hapes Cluster. The Raiders and their female prisoners eventually evolve into the matriarchal and isolationist Hapes Consortium.
- Scouts from the planet Shor discover the planet Giaca.
- Drokko Kira is banished from the city of Iziz for challenging the dark side legacy of Freedon Nadd.
- c. 4043 BBY
- The Dark Councilors Darth Victun and Darth Qalar fight a Kaggath that destroys the Imperial Citadel, and both Sith are killed by the rest of the Council when it ends in a draw.
- The Sith Lord Darth Nostrem rebuilds the Imperial Citadel according to the Emperor's designs, and is cast into its depths upon its completion.
- 4024 BBY
- 4021 BBY
- 4020 BBY
- 4018 BBY
- 4017 BBY
- The Mandalorian Crusaders attack the planet Basilisk in the Battle of Basilisk. The Basiliskans are supported by Republic reinforcements under Jedi Master Sidrona Diath, but ultimately are overrun and seed their own homeworld with toxins to deny it to the Mandalorians.
- The Mandalorians retreat from Basilisk, but take numerous Basiliskans, Basiliskian warships, and Basilisk war droids with them.
- Keval Raffaan is born on Chandrila.
- c. 4016 BBY
- 4015 BBY
- c. 4010 BBY
- 4009 BBY
- 4008 BBY
- 4007 BBY
- 4003 BBY
- 4002 BBY
Behind the scenesEdit
This time period has not been explicitly identified, although Daniel Wallace has indicated that it might be part of a larger Sidereal Era. No official sources in canon have confirmed this as the dating scheme for the Sidereal Era mentioned in The Constancia Affair has not been fully revealed.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Skyborn
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Paragon
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Savior
- Tales of the Jedi: Ulic Qel-Droma and the Beast Wars of Onderon (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- The Old Republic: Revan (Mentioned only)
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Player's Guide to Tapani
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy at War
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit