- "Anakin! How many times have I told you to… stay away from power couplings?"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
The term also referred to devices used to power objects on planets, such as the power coupling Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi flew through in their pursuit of Zam Wesell on Coruscant. Power couplings were used to hold podracer engines together and transfer power between them. Power couplings were also used as part of a melee weapon called the San-Ni staff which held together three metal rods that could be whipped around the wielder's body in combat.
"Hooking up a power coupling", while perhaps not consistent with the actual assembly of the device, was regardless used by several companions of the Jedi Exile to describe intimate relationships and presumed sexual intercourse.
Behind the scenesEdit
Power couplings are analogous to power lines in real-world cities.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- "Things To Look Out For In Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D!"—Star Wars Insider 131