Power droids were unsophisticated droids that acted as ambulatory batteries, recharging vehicles and machinery. They were equipped with a small, internal power generator, and several plug-in sockets.
Although they were extremely important to both military and civilian life, power droids were so commonly encountered in the galaxy that they often went unnoticed. The GNK-series by Industrial Automaton and the EG-series droid by Veril Line Systems were popular power droids. Both were commonly referred to as "gonks," after the low honking sound they emitted.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded