Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Power generators were used throughout the galaxy to supply large amounts of power to cities, bases, factories, starfighters, and planetary weapons. Smaller power generators existed which were able to provide continuous power for portable heavy weapons, vehicles, structures, and machinery. Both the Galactic Empire and the Rebellion used power generators at their bases to keep their communications arrays, base shields, turbolaser towers, and mining facilities functioning at peak levels. They were also used by numerous other factions such as the Zann Consortium and the Hutt Cartel.
Power generators were used to power weapon emplacements and shields most of the time, but bases that were not high priority or not well funded sometimes used them as primary power sources. Their one major flaw was that they did not take battle damage well. A well-placed blaster shot would cause them to breakdown and stop working.
During the Battle of Hoth, Major General Maximilian Veers' AT-AT Blizzard 1 was able to easily destroy the generator and power down the shield which had protected the Rebel troops' fleeing transports from bombardment by the Star Destroyers orbiting above the planet.
The main reason power generators were so common was that they could could run on many different, natural or otherwise, power sources, the one on Hoth for example was powered by geothermal activity. AlderaanMotors was one manufacturer of power generators.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Assault on Hoth
- Starfighter Battle Book: X-wing vs TIE Interceptor
- The Star Wars Rules Companion
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Wanted by Cracken
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Galaxy Guide 8: Scouts
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion
- "Smuggler's Log"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Outlaw Battle Armor"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Hoth: Main Power Generators)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Probe Telemetry) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Target The Main Generator)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: That's It, The Rebels Are There) (Picture only)
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Search for the Rebels) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Shield Generator) (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance