|Power pak (power cell)|
- "So you wanna hurry up with unloading those weapons an' power packs?"
- ―Han Solo
Power paks (also called power packs or power cells) provided energy for many vehicles, and sometimes small blaster weapons and tools.
Most power cells contained concentrated amounts of gases that, when heated, formed plasma. In small blasters, power cells were used to create blaster bolts that were not nearly as powerful as blasters using a combination of magazines containing gases (that after being heated would change into plasma) and proper Blaster power packs. Power cells were flammable.
Particle power packs used in the weapons by the Trandoshans, released unstable particles through an electrical exciter coil and were shot out the barrel. Sturm dowels were components. A small power cell could be used to power a prosthetic without the need for recharging.
The Telgorn Corporation produced power cells.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook, Second Edition
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Medium Repeating Blaster Cannon)
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- "Refresher Reading"—Star Wars Insider 91
- Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Scum and Villainy
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: Beware the Sith
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Snowtrooper (★★★))
- Suns of Fortune