Praesitlyn was a forested planet in the Sluis sector of the Outer Rim. It was the location of the Intergalactic Communications Center, which acted as a key HoloNet hub for the Galactic Republic, Galactic Empire, and New Republic. The center was located 150 kilometers from the center of a major continent. The planet was buffeted by sudden dust storms.
In the first weeks of the Clone Wars, the Confederacy of Independent Systems made an early attempt to conquer Praesitlyn and the communications center. A fleet under the commander of Admiral Pors Tonith invaded the system, but was opposed by the Praesitlyn Defense Force, the Sons and Daughters of Freedom mercenary group led by Zozridor Slayke, and clone trooper reinforcements led by Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Nejaa Halcyon. In several weeks of fighting, the Separatists were expelled in the Battle of Praesitlyn, leading to Anakin Skywalker's elevation to Jedi Knight.
Republic defeats later in the war meant that the Sluis sector was almost entirely lost to the Confederacy, and Praesitlyn became a major Separatist stronghold. As a result, one of the main theaters of the Outer Rim Sieges was named after the planet due to its importance to the Separatist cause.
Behind the scenesEdit
- CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 14:9:08 Edition
- Jedi Trial
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion (First appearance)
- Heir to the Empire (First mentioned)
- Shield of Lies (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- The Essential Guide to Warfare