- "Visit the Water Planet Praya"
- ―An advertisement for the Deluxe Undersea Package on Tourscan
Praya was an ocean planet located in the Praya system, within the Clacis sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. By the year 4.3 ABY, it was home to the luxurious Sea Castle Resort Hotel. The Star Tours travel agency facilitated transit to Praya through their Deluxe Undersea Package.
Behind the scenesEdit
Praya first appeared in an advertisement on Tourscan at the Tokyo Disneyland Star Tours attraction, which opened on July 12, 1989. The Essential Atlas Online Companion placed it in grid square K-4.
The location and footage were reused from the Sea Castle ending segment from Horizons, a now-defunct Epcot ride, which focused on the concept of ocean colonization. The models for Horizons' three ending segments were designed, constructed, and filmed by Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope special effects veteran David Jones. The model for the ocean segment was made in two parts: an underwater city and an underwater canyon, which were visually joined by a pass though the total darkness of the ocean depths.
- Star Tours (First appearance) (Tokyo only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Tours (Tokyo only)
- ↑ Michael Crawford (2011-09-24). The Horizons Story, Part III: Disney's House Of Magic. The Horizons Story. Progress City, U.S.A.. Archived from the original on September 24, 2011. Retrieved on May 15, 2013.
- ↑ Kenneth A. Larson. Choose Your Tomorrow attraction, Horizon Pavilion, EPCOT, Walt Disney World Visual Effects - Model and Prop Builder and Special Effects.. Kesign Design Consulting. Archived from the original on March 27, 2014. Retrieved on January 31, 2017.