Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I am Pre Vizsla of Clan Vizsla. Death Watch is here to save you from these intergalactic gangsters that threaten our great city. This is a war, and we will win. Join me, and let us defend Mandalore against the criminals. We need action, not pacifism!"
- ―Pre Vizsla, to the people of Mandalore
Pre Vizsla (pronounced /'pri vizlɑ/) was a human male Mandalorian warrior from the planet Mandalore and was the leader of the Mandalorian Death Watch faction during the Clone Wars. Vizla briefly achieved his goal and took the title of Mand'alor before he was killed by his former ally Darth Maul.
The Clone WarsEdit
Plot to Overthrow the DuchessEdit
- "For generations, my ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. Now, that woman tarnishes the very name Mandalorian. Defend her, if you will."
- ―Pre Vizsla, on Satine Kryze, to Obi-Wan Kenobi
Seeking to overthrow Duchess Satine Kryze and her pacifistic government, in order to restore Mandalore to its warrior past, Vizsla secretly allied himself with Count Dooku and his Confederacy of Independent Systems. While governing Mandalore's moon, Concordia, and maintaining loyalty to Kryze in public, Vizsla led the Death Watch in secret from several Concordian mining camp bases. The Death Watch's attack on a Jedi Cruiser and terrorist attacks on Mandalore came to a head when Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived on Concordia with Kryze to follow leads on the Death Watch. When Kenobi discovered the Death Watch's secret base, Vizsla revealed himself as the renegades' leader. Vizsla then used the Darksaber to duel with Kenobi, but Kenobi and Satine escaped Concordia.
Assassination attempt on KryzeEdit
Vizsla conspired with Mandalorian Senator Tak Merrik to capture Kryze during her journey to Coruscant, where she intended to plead her case directly to the Galactic Senate, but Merrik was defeated before he could complete his assignment. Amassing an army of Death Watch troops on Concordia in preparation to take over Mandalore, Vizsla was forced to wait until his and Dooku's plot to turn Mandalore against the Republic was completed. Vizsla dispatched an assassin to Coruscant to kill Kryze, as her death would remove the opposition to the Senate's upcoming vote to have Republic troops occupy Mandalore—an occupation which would allow the Death Watch to gain the support of Mandalore's populace and "liberate" them from the Republic. However, the assassin failed to murder Kryze, and the plot itself fell through, with the Senate voting against occupying Mandalore. With this turn of events, Vizsla was forced to postpone his attack on Mandalore, as his forces would be unable to hold the planet without its people's support.
Plot against Dooku and CarlacEdit
Following the aborted takeover of Mandalore, Vizsla then met with Dooku. During this meeting, Vizsla then got into a fight with Dooku, where he was scarred across his cheek by the Sith Lord's lightsaber. Vizsla then broke ties with the Confederacy and vowed to kill Dooku.
The Death Watch under Vizsla maintain a small base on the world Carlac where they display dishonorable acts against it's native species, the Ming Po, forcing their women work for them. Eventually Lux Bonteri in attempt take revenge against Count Dooku for death of his mother, Mina Bonteri, had allied himself with Pre Vizla and he was used try find and kill Count Dooku but failed. Pre Vizla was then confronted by the Ming Po elders who had demanded the return of their women. At first they complied but Lux's was shown true colors of the Death Watch as they began burning down the Ming Po village. Ahsoka Tano had attempted stop this but was ultimately over powered by the Death Watch warriors.
Shadow Collective and DeathEdit
- "Like you said: only the strongest...shall rule."
- ―Pre Vizla's last words
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation" (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ; image #7 (of 22)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Lawless"