- "Who's got the better danger sense?"
- ―Mara Jade
Precognition was a universal Force power.
The ability of foresight was perhaps universal to the Jedi or Force-sensitives and was manifested in the form of Force visions of future events, or helped the Jedi predict his opponent's movements. Carnor Jax trained in the art. Plo Koon's former Master, Tyvokka was known to have advanced precognition powers.
Battle Precognition was a variant of precognition that allowed one to sense the flows of the Force. Jedi Padawan Tallisibeth Enwandung-Esterhazy (better known as "Scout") had this power. The Jedi Knight Revan and Meetra Surik were known to be gifted users of Battle Precognition. Surik learned this ability from Brianna. Darth Bane also possessed a natural ability for precognition before he even began training as a Sith. Nova Stihl possessed a nearly identical ability, which he called Blink.
The Echani were known to possess a variant of this ability which did not draw from the Force but from the warrior's own instincts. The most elite Echani warriors were able to predict battles and even the course of a war. It was probable that such outcomes grew more likely or unlikely as critical moments approached and passed.
Another variant of precognition was Blink, the name given to an unconscious ability that stormtrooper sergeant Nova Stihl possessed. This power, which was in reality a manifestation of his latent Force-sensitivity, allowed him to anticipate others' actions when engaged in a fight.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- "The Tenebrous Way"—Star Wars Insider 130
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
- The Cestus Deception
- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
- Death Star
- Rebel Force: Renegade
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- X-wing: Isard's Revenge
- Crimson Empire
- Children of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Specter of the Past
- Balance Point
- Force Heretic II: Refugee
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Handbook 2: Crimson Empire
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (As Prescience)
- "Secrets of the Force"—Star Wars Insider 123
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: The Card Game LCG (Card: Dark Precognition)