A battlecruiser within the Imperial Navy, the Pride of Tarlandia was part of the Imperial Navy's fleet defending the second Death Star, an Imperial battle station located over the Forest Moon of Endor, where the ship was responsible for coordinating Imperial communications.
In 4 ABY, the fleet was attacked by the Rebel Alliance, who were attempting to destroy the Death Star, and the Pride of Tarlandia was attacked by several squadrons of RZ-1 A-wing interceptors. The ship took heavy damage and stopped responding to Imperial hails, before it was eventually destroyed by the A-wings.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the Empire's main communications ship at the Battle of Endor first appeared in the 1983 Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novelization, which was written by James Kahn. Although it was not named in the novel, the vessel was identified as the Pride of Tarlandia in the 2012 reference book The Essential Guide to Warfare, written by Fry and Paul R. Urquhart.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 "The Levers of Power"—The Rise of the Empire
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: A-Wing Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Endor to 4 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novelization
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare