- "Taan Yun-forqana zhoi!"
- ―Battle cry of the priests
The priests were those who were chosen to speak for the gods, save for Yun-Yuuzhan. They also took the auguries to see if the gods would favor the warriors in battle. As a caste, the priests had no specific deity to call their own, but were devoted to an individual deity for another caste. Members of the priest cast would often "purify" the Vong contaminated by technological items, an element forbidden in the Yuuzhan Vong society.
The priest caste was very important in the choosing of the Supreme Overlord.
There was a different subgroup within this caste known as the Deception sect that consisted of followers of the 'Trickster' goddess Yun-Harla and were used as spies in the galaxy. Another sect was the Order of Yun-Yuuzhan
The actions of the priest caste began in the initial stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War when the Yuuzhan Vong made their advances into the galaxy after the failure of the Praetorite Vong in gaining a foothold. Harrar was involved in a plan at eliminating the Jedi by using the Priestess Elan as a means to deliver a bioweapon attack but this attempt failed.
After the war's end, the remaining members of this caste left with their kin to the living planet of Zonama Sekot.
- Supreme Overlord (as Head of State)
- Most High Priest(ess) (Lord Priest)
- High Priest(ess)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Journey
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
- The New Jedi Order: Traitor
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force