- "When our ancestors were still howling primates, our galaxy was ruled by a species that could create, reconfigure or destroy star systems according to some unimaginable whim."
- ―Dr. Insmot Bowen
Primates, also known as simians, were an order of mammals that exhibited the characteristics of apes or monkeys, such as fur, fingers, and opposable thumbs. Because of their similarity to Humans, which were primates themselves, those species were often referred to as humanoids, though it depended on their sentience designation. Most primates gave birth to a single live young at a time, although multiple births were not unheard of in Humans. Examples of non-Human primates included the hesten, momongs, Taurill, and nightmare demons. The wampas, which were reptomammalian creatures, were also linked to primates.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (as simian)
- The Abduction (First appearance)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only) (as simian)
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia