- "The princess? She's here?"
- ―Luke Skywalker
A prince was a male member of a noble family, especially the son of a king or queen. The feminine equivalent title was princess. A prince or princess was generally preordained to succeed his or her reigning parent as the sovereign. Although she was the daughter of a defrocked Jedi Knight and a senator of humble origins, Leia Organa became a princess following her adoption into the Royal Family of Alderaan. In later years, Organa would eschew the title of princess in favor of the role of general in the Resistance against the First Order, allowing only her close friends to use the title. In fact, the title no longer carried much political weight in a New Republic determined to uphold democratic ideals.
- "Rebel Friends!"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "Mandalorian Graffiti"—Star Wars Insider 152
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary