A processor was a type of component used in droids so that they could function without the aid of a signals from a centralized computer. Types of processors included basic and heuristic processors. When a droid was built properly, it was usually the processors that were the starting point, followed by the physical structure.
Processors enabled droids to perform a variety of specialized functions. Advanced processors of the BX-series droid commandos allowed them to react quicker than their battle droid cousins, making them more effective combatants. The Automated sabacc dealer droid had sophisticated processors which enabled them to quickly spot cheaters.
Processors could be located in different parts of a droid's structure. In the B1 battle droid, a specialized movement processor was located at the back of the head. The central processor of the hyena-class bomber droid was located in its starboard hull unit.. The processor of the HMP droid gunship was located in a cockpit-like structure underneath the hull.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance