The Profundity was a MC75 cruiser owned by Admiral Raddus that served in the Alliance Fleet. It was notably present during the Battle of Scarif. Shortly after the Death Star plans were transmitted to Raddus, the vessel was disabled by the Star Destroyer Devastator and boarded by Darth Vader in an attempt to reclaim the stolen data tapes.
Originally, the Profundity was the Civic Governance tower of the city of Nystullum. Like many Mon Calamari buildings, the tower was converted into a ship and took part in the exodus from the Mon Calamari homeworld under command of Raddus, the city's mayor. When the Mon Calamari joined the Alliance, the Profundity was one of the first ships to be converted into a warship.
When Rogue One's departure for Scarif became known, Raddus gathered as many ships as he could to support them. After the Alliance Fleet arrived at Scarif, the Profundity took part in the battle, as the battle concluded the Profundity intercepted the Death Star plans beamed to the ship by Jyn Erso of Rogue One. It was disabled by the Devastator and boarded by Darth Vader in an attempt to recover the plans. A few Rebel troopers from the Tantive IV managed to download the plans to a data tape and attempted to make their escape to the ship in the Profundity's docking bay. Just as the Rebels reached the door however, a mechanical failure caused by damage jammed it. A few moments after the door jammed, Vader arrived in the hallway. The rebels held Vader off until a trooper was able to pass the plans through the gap in the door to their fellow crew on the ship. The corvette quickly launched from the vessel, leaving Vader standing in the bay.
Behind the scenesEdit
Profundity first appeared in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story directed by Gareth Edwards and was first named in Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide by Pablo Hidalgo. Before coining the name, Hidalgo referred to the ship as the "Radisson" after its admiral.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Rogue One, Part V
- Rogue One, Part VI
- "Raymus"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Profundity)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Armada – Profundity Expansion Pack
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ . "@pablohidalgo Fun fact: before coining a name for Admiral Raddus' ship, I took to calling it the Radisson."