- "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe!"
- ―Conan Antonio Motti
Project Stardust, also known as the Death Star project, was the project that saw the construction of the superweapon known as the first Death Star, enforced by the Galactic Empire. During the Clone Wars, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine set up the Death Star project secretly under the Galactic Republic, and only a handful of individuals knew about it, including Orson Krennic.
Shortly before the Battle of Geonosis, Sith Lord Darth Tyranus was given the plans by Poggle the Lesser, designed by Geonosian weaponsmiths. Poggle was unaware of Tyranus's ties with Darth Sidious, while Orson Krennic was determined to develop the weapon before the Republic's enemies could.
Shortly before the Battle of Yavin, the Rebel Alliance stole the Death Star plans, with the efforts of a Rebel squad called Rogue One. The plans were sent to Princess Leia Organa aboard the Tantive IV. As the plans were sent across the galaxy, they ultimately made it to the moon Yavin 4 where a weakness in the form of an exhaust port was discovered, leading Luke Skywalker to destroy the superweapon.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 5: The Chosen One, Part V (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Vader Annual 2: Technological Terror (First identified as Project Stardust)
- Thrawn, Part II (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn, Part VI (Appears through imagination)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis" (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Jedi Night" (Indirect mention only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- (First identified as Death Star project)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Tarkin
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Darth Vader Annual 2: Technological Terror
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope