Propaganda was the dissemination of information, especially of a biased nature, for the purpose of promoting or injuring a political institution, cause or point of view. During the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire of Palpatine made frequent use of propaganda to recruit new soldiers and snuff out any rebellious activities. The Ministry of Information, headed by Pollux Hax, was tasked with muzzling the press, while the Commission for the Preservation of the New Order issued propaganda posters. During Empire Day, as part of propaganda purposes for the Emperor and the state-run media of the Galactic Empire, Palpatine was altered to look as he did during the Clone Wars in a holo file depicting the Emperor's inauguration speech.
The First Order trained its stormtroopers by, among other things, teaching them propaganda that resulted in a skewed view of history if they paid attention to it. FN-2187 was one such stormtrooper who did not and thus while he had little knowledge of galactic politics, his tendency to value friendship led him to help those in the Resistance.
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars Rebels – "Entanglement"
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- "Last Call at the Zero Angle"—Star Wars Insider 156 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day" (Indirect mention only)
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 4: Skywalker Strikes, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- Propaganda on Wikipedia