Propaganda was a system used by various governments to sway the opinions of the public in their favor.
Nearly all major governments, including the Galactic Republic, Confederacy of Independent Systems, Rebel Alliance, and the Galactic Empire, made use of propaganda. For example, the Rebel Alliance used the Destruction of Alderaan as anti-Imperial propaganda, and the Republic used the exploits of the Jedi hero Anakin Skywalker as propaganda.
A propaganda poster was a type of a placard or advertisement used by governments to transmit propaganda messages—such as justifying involvement to its citizens, ensuring recruitment or procuring money and resources to sustain the war effort. The Rebel Alliance made use of such placards during the Galactic Civil War.
During the Empire Day festivities of 1 ABY, Brenn Tantor employed Imperials to tear down Rebel propaganda posters which proclaimed, "Remember Alderaan", and put up posters which promoted the Empire. The Rebels struck back by graffiti-tagging the Imperial posters.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Republic 73: Trackdown, Part 2
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Imperial Recruitment
- "Dark Journey"—Star Wars Tales 17
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14 (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Hero's Guide
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 5 (Card: Celebrate!)
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 5 (Card: Together)
- Star Wars Galaxy Series 5 (Card: Unite)
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Notes and referencesEdit
- Propaganda on Wikipedia