- "You hit one proton bomb, and you'll touch off the whole magazine."
- ―Sabine Wren, to Garazeb Orrelios
Proton bombs were powerful explosive weapons carried by Rebel Alliance BTL-A4 Y-wing assault starfighter/bombers and Imperial TIE/sa bombers. Proton bombs were usually large cylinders that were high yield explosives capable of producing great damage to heavily armored vehicles like an AT-AT.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Last Battle"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Secret Cargo"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)