| Production information
| Physical and technical specifications
| Usage and history
Proximity mines were high-powered explosive packs with wide explosive radius that used sensors capable of detecting shifts in air pressure to detonate the mine when anyone entered its blast zone. They could also be detonated with a timer or when a ship passed within the radius of an energy field around the mine. The only way to disarm a ground proximity mine was to crawl up to it and deactivate it. There were floating variants, which were deployed by Trade Federation starfighters during the Invasion of Naboo.
Shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Adi Gallia encountered these mines which were used in space by the Trade Federation. As part of the deal for the Prosecutor, the Trandoshans brought a huge supply of the mines and planted them throughout the ship. Delta Squad encountered many of them during the Clone Wars, as they were also used by the Trandoshans on Kashyyyk. These mines were additionally used by the Zann Consortium during the Galactic Civil War.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Starfighter
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures – "Mine Buster"
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 14:9:01 (Mentioned only)
- Battle for the Golden Sun
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Republic Commando: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – Slave I Expansion Pack (Card: Proximity Mines)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Proximity Mine)
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – IG-2000 Expansion Pack (Card: Proximity Mines)