|Chronological and political information|
- "The Sith no longer posed a threat to the Republic, but the Supreme Chancellor was unsatisfied."
- ―Jedi Master Gnost-Dural
Pultimo was the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic during the time of the Great Hyperspace War, a conflict between Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's Sith Empire and the Republic. Following the battle of Korriban in 5,000 BBY, which saw the defeat of Sadow's Empire, Pultimo ordered a Republic invasion of Sith-controlled space in order to search for and destroy any Sith bastions and artifacts. The resulting purge of the Sith civilization nearly saw the extinction of the Sith species.
Pultimo was a politician who eventually rose to the Office of the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic around the time of the Great Hyperspace War, which was a conflict between the Sith Empire of Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow and the Republic. After Sadow and his Sith were defeated above the Sith homeworld of Korriban by forces under Empress Teta, who ruled the ecumenopolis Koros Major and its star system, Pultimo dispatched Jedi and Republic forces to invade the Sith Worlds in order to ensure there were no remnants of Sadow's Empire. The resulting purge nearly drove the Sith species to extinction.
Pultimo's role in the Great Hypserspace War would be reflected on by the Kel Dor Jedi archivist Gnost-Dural in a holodocumentary for the Jedi Archives during the Great Galactic War between the Republic and a resurgent Sith Empire led by Emperor Vitiate, a contemporary of Naga Sadow's who constructed his own Sith Empire on Dromund Kaas.
Personality and traitsEdit
Although the Sith Empire was defeated in the battle of Korriban, Pultimo was not satisfied with the Republic's victory, believing it was necessary for the Sith civilization to be eradicated to ensure that they posed no threat to the Republic.
Behind the scenesEdit
Pultimo was first mentioned in The Essential Atlas, which gave some background to the Republic's invasion of the Sith-controlled worlds. The character was indirectly mentioned in the twelfth and final entry of the Galactic Timeline, an online video series created to elaborate upon the background for BioWare's PC video game Star Wars: The Old Republic. Pultimo was mentioned later in The Essential Guide to Warfare and Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia.
- Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War (Indirect mention only)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 5: End of an Empire
- ↑ "From the Files of Corellia Antilles"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire