Pydyrians were sapient avians indigenous to the moon Pydyr that orbited the planet Almania. They were tall, thin humanoids that had two-toed feet and three-fingered hands, and their bone structure was very thin. Because of their skeletal structure, many xenoarchaeologists believed that the Pydyrians evolved from flightless birds. Their oblate skulls were bald at the top, but ringed with a fringe of hair at the base of the skull. Millions of Pydyrians were killed in a droid detonation planned and carried out by Kueller, a Dark Jedi who had risen to power on Almania. Only 1000 Pydyrians survived. Senator Wuja Wojaine was a Pydyrian.
- The New Rebellion (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Destiny's Way (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia