|Q2 hold-out blaster pistol|
Q2 hold-out blaster (Naboo Royal Pistol)
|Physical and technical specifications|
Tiny (can fit neatly into an adult-human's palm)
| Usage and history
The Q2 hold-out blaster pistol was a blaster manufactured by Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. during the time of the Galactic Republic. It was based on SoroSuub Corporation's ELG line of Diplomat's Blasters, a line that includes the ELG-3A blaster pistol.
Small enough to be concealed in the hand of a Human, the Q2 hold-out blaster was common among undercover agents and those beings wishing to use a low-profile weapon. Due to its size, many systems declared this blaster pistol illegal, while others had its usage closely regulated. Other star systems tended to view it as a "self-defense" alternative to the other, more powerful personal blaster.
The Q2 was actually taller than it is long, being only 9.6 cm in length and 10.3 cm in height—from the bottom of the handle to the top of the receiver. A specialized power pack was required, and could be purchased from any authorized Merr-Sonn dealer for twenty credits. This supplied enough energy for six shots. Unlike most handheld blaster weapons, the Q2 fired green blaster bolts, similar to the S-5 heavy blaster pistol.
Queen Padmé Amidala and her retinue of handmaidens were trained to proficiency with these weapons. As it was believed that the Queen should have a last line of defense in case of attack, there was a cache of these blasters kept hidden in a secret compartment in the armrest of her throne. When attacked by bounty hunters Chata Hyoki and Robonino, Senator Padmé Amidala unsuccessfully attempted to subdue them with a Q2. It was later used by the smuggler Dash Rendar as a last resort defending holostar Javul Charn from an attack from the Anomid assassin, Edge.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- The Force Unleashed II novel
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Identified at Republic blaster)
- Shadow Games
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (As "Q2 Hold-Out Blaster")
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen (As "Q2")
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- The Far Orbit Project
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 54 (BLA 13-16, Amidala's Blaster)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 53 ("Q-2 hold-out blaster")
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- (Picture only)