- "I might be the only person who knows what you really are."
- ―Qi'ra, to Han Solo
Qi'ra was a human female from the planet Corellia who lived during the reign of the Galactic Empire. She grew up on the streets along with Han Solo before becoming part of an opulent life working for the Crimson Dawn gang.
Qi'ra hailed from the planet Corellia during the reign of the Galactic Empire, before the outbreak of the Galactic Civil War. She grew up on the streets and became friends with Han Solo. By the time Qi'ra was eighteen years old, she was enmeshed in a criminal life working for a gang on Corellia. She later lived a more opulent lifestyle than the streets of Corellia as part of the Crimson Dawn gang, led by Dryden Vos as his top lieutenant. This brought her back into contact with Solo, who was also looking to succeed in the criminal underworld, and introduced him to Captain Lando Calrissian of the Millennium Falcon.
Personality and traitsEdit
Qi'ra was a Corellian human female with brown hair, blue eyes, and light skin. Despite having grown up on the streets, she was able to adapt to a lusher lifestyle and fit in with the Crimson Dawn gang. Having known Solo for so many years, she believed she may have been the one person who could see him for who he truly was.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "She has a couple of guises, but essentially she is just fighting to stay alive. If you've got a really glamorous lady in a really sordid environment, you kind of know the glamor is hiding a few rough roads."
- ―Emilia Clarke, on Qi'ra
Qi'ra was created for Solo: A Star Wars Story, written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan and directed by Ron Howard, and is portrayed by Emilia Clarke. Clarke, known for her role as Daenerys Targaryen on HBO's Game of Thrones, was cast by original directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Her casting was announced on November 18, 2016.
The name Qi'ra is phonetically similar to "Kira," a name that stems from George Lucas' early outline for the Star Wars sequel trilogy and was the original name for the character Rey during the development of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Breznican, Anthony (2018-02-16). Here's how a galaxy of new books will connect to Solo: A Star Wars Story. Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on February 18, 2018. Retrieved on February 16, 2018.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Paul Bettany talks about his spring blockbusters
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2
- ↑ Miller, Julie (August 22, 2017). Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe. Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on August 23, 2017. Retrieved on August 22, 2017.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Miller, Julie (August 22, 2017). Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on August 22, 2017.
- Breznican, Anthony (2018-02-08). Solo: A Star Wars Story: Emilia Clarke on playing Qi'ra. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on February 8, 2018.