- "I might be the only person who knows what you really are."
- ―Qi'ra, to Han Solo
Behind the scenesEdit
- "She has a couple of guises, but essentially she is just fighting to stay alive. If you've got a really glamorous lady in a really sordid environment, you kind of know the glamor is hiding a few rough roads."
- ―Emilia Clarke, on Qi'ra
Qi'ra is portrayed by Emilia Clarke in Solo: A Star Wars Story set to be released on May 25, 2018. Clarke's casting in the film was first announced on November 18, 2016. Her character's name is phonetically similar to "Kira," a name which stems from George Lucas's early outline for the sequel trilogy, and was the original name for the character Rey during the development of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
- (First pictured)
- (First identified as Qi'ra)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Miller, Julie (August 22, 2017). Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe. Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on August 23, 2017. Retrieved on August 22, 2017.
- ↑ Breznican, Anthony (2018-02-07). Solo: A Star Wars Story: New images and insight. Entertainment Weekly.
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- ↑ The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Miller, Julie (August 22, 2017). Michael K. Williams Has a Story You Need to Read to Believe. Vanity Fair. Retrieved on August 22, 2017.
- Breznican, Anthony (2018-02-08). Solo: A Star Wars Story: Emilia Clarke on playing Qi'ra. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on February 8, 2018.