- "So, how goes the Rebellion?"
- ―Lina Andonais
The Qonto were a sentient species from the Qonto system, which was located in Wild Space just outside the Braxant sector. Although generally not known for their perception, some exceptional Qonto had senses considerably sharper than the Human standard. During the Galactic Civil War, Lina Adonais was a Qonto space urchin who worked aboard the Kuari Princess, a giant luxury liner, while she traveled the galaxy. She considered joining the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and while on a tour of the Relgim Run, she encountered a group of Rebels disguised as Anomids. She immediately saw through their disguise and questioned them about what they were doing aboard the Princess. Adonais was also present on the cruise when it was attacked by pirates while passing through the Maelstrom.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Qonto were created by Ray Winninger for the roleplaying game adventure Riders of the Maelstrom, which was published by West End Games in 1989 and reprinted in 1996 as part of Classic Adventures: Volume Three. The species later received an entry in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, while the Qonto system was mentioned in 2009's The Essential Atlas.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 57 ("Qonto")
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Qonto system as the location for one such homeworld. "I wouldn't get your hopes up re alien homeworlds, beyond simple stuff like the Planetnamian species getting a Planetnamia on the map or things Dan and I can account for with a relatively quick reference."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Riders of the Maelstrom, p. 14
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 202