It consisted of four laser cannons which could be fired alternately in pairs or individualy in rapid succession, making them ideal for starfighter defense. They were very powerful compared to other ship-mounted weapons, and more affordable as well[source?]. They varied in size, from the relatively small versions mounted on the Millennium Falcon to larger variants mounted on smaller warships like the Lancer-class frigate. K-wing assault fighters were armed with quad laser cannons.
An example of the quad laser cannon was the AG-2G quad laser cannon, of which the Millennium Falcon had two.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- The Star Wars Rules Companion
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Wanted by Cracken
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: Quad Laser Cannon)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Harbingers of Doom"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Starships of the Galaxy 2007 edition
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- "Millennium Man"—Star Wars Insider 106
- Suns of Fortune
- "X-Wing Miniatures Game - Tantive IV Expansion Pack" (Card: Quad Laser Cannons)
- Lords of Nal Hutta