The Quantum Storm was the first Rebel transport to escape the Imperial blockade at the Battle of Hoth. It successfully bypassed the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Tyrant, thanks to the well-timed shots of Echo Base's v-150 Planet Defender ion cannon.
As the first transport to evacuate the planet, the Quantum Storm carried non-combatant members of Echo Base. Alliance historian Voren Na'al was supposed to be one such passenger, but he instead stayed behind to help with the evacuation effort of subsequent transports.
- Star Wars: Battlefront (Mentioned only) (as "Transport One")
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike (Appears in cutscene(s))
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back radio drama (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back junior novel
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars 40: The Empire Strikes Back: Battleground: Hoth (Mentioned only) (as "Echo C-130")
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: Official Collectors Edition (Indirect mention only)
- The Empire Strikes Back: The National Public Radio Dramatization
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition (First identified as Quantum Storm)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: The First Transport Is Away!)
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Rebel Forces
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Battle of Hoth"—Star Wars Gamer 6 "
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 22 (ION2, Ion Cannon)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Gallofree Medium Transport) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Trading Card Game – The Empire Strikes Back (Card: Rebel Escape Squad) (Picture only)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition (Picture only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game – Rebel Transport Expansion Pack (Card: Quantum Storm)