- "I am sorry, my Queen."
- ―Evaan Verlaine, to Leia Organa
The Queen of Alderaan was the ruler of the planet Alderaan. During the later stages of the Clone Wars, Breha Organa occupied that function. She remained on the throne until she died in the destruction of Alderaan by the Death Star battle station, nineteen years after the establishment of the Galactic Empire. Although Alderaan no longer existed, some surviving Alderaanians like Evaan Verlaine considered Leia Organa to be their new queen.
After the Battle of Endor, the surviving Alderaanians lived together aboard a seven-ship flotilla and planned to build themselves a new home from the remains of the Death Star. However, they still had not chosen a monarch, and were ruled by Regent Administator Eglyn Valmor.
By the time of the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, Leia Organa was still considered the last princess of Alderaan. However, that status commanded little authority, since almost nobody took the concept of hereditary nobility seriously any longer, and Organa did not wear any symbol of royalty unless tradition demanded it.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Ahsoka (Indirect mention only)
- Princess Leia, Part I (Appears as a statue and in a flashback)
- Princess Leia, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Backstories: Star Wars – Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- (First identified as Queen of Alderaan)