Queshː (pronounciation: /'kuɛʃ/) was a world riddled with toxic waste within Hutt Space. It was discovered by the Galactic Republic during the Great War, but was promptly abandoned due to its poisonous atmosphere.
Discovered by the Galactic Republic during the Great Galactic War, Quesh's toxic atmosphere made the planet uninhabitable for many lifeforms, and was initially dismissed by the Republic. Years later, however, a young Republic chemist realized potential for some of the chemicals found on Quesh to be used for the Republic, as many of the compounds on the planet closely resembled venenit queshaaga, roughly translated as "Hutt Venom", a primary ingredient in very powerful adrenals.
After this discovery was made, it was swiftly reoccupied by the Republic who began to invest in its production. However, the Republic engineers were unable to master the process of turning these chemicals into adrenals, so they resorted to an unlikely ally, the Hutts. Three Hutt cartels lended their help in the exchange for a share of the profits. Within a decade, the Republic was fully invested in Quesh's adrenal industry. Despite efforts to keep Quesh a secret, the Sith Empire eventually became aware of the Republic's operation, and its Hutt allies. Branding the three Republic-aligned cartels as traitorous, the Hutts were forced to aid the Empire in an effort to take control of the planet from the Republic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only)
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)