A squadron of B1 battle droids was used by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. The unit had been captured by the Republic and reprogrammed to serve it, participating in a mission to free Jedi Master Even Piell from the Confederate prison known as the Citadel. The battle droids served under R2-D2 and brought the Republic strike team into the Citadel in shuttle 81572. During the ensuing battle, all units were destroyed when they were ordered to cover the retreat of the rest of the team.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- ↑ According to Tarkin, the events of "The Citadel" occur a year after a battle on Murkhana, which itself took place nine months after the Battle of Geonosis. As a result, "The Citadel" takes place one year and nine months into the Clone Wars. Since places "Citadel Rescue" after "The Citadel," it can be concluded that "Citadel Rescue" also takes place over a year into the war.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"