R2-KT was a R2 series astromech droid in service to the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. 56 years later, she was in the service of the Resistance during their fight against the First Order.
Behind the scenesEdit
R2-KT was created by Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion, when his daughter, Katie, was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. The droid was named and colored in her honor, and had a cameo in the theatrical film Star Wars: The Clone Wars, later appearing in three episodes of the Clone Wars TV show.
In 2015 it was announced that R2-KT would appear in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, the seventh installment in the episodic films. In the film, R2-KT appears in the background of the Resistance base.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Storm Over Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Mercy Mission"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ screenshot) . “@Sporkicide Is it the same droid from the TCW movie? That would be the intent. Droid got around in 56 years.” (
- ↑ screenshot) . “It's official, R2-KT is in The Force Awakens. We just received permission to share the news. #R2KTinStarWars @ArtooKatee #StarWars” (