Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
R2 series astromech droids, also known as R2 units, were a very popular series of astromech droids produced by Industrial Automaton. They stood at around 1 meter in height, and were programmed to perform a variety of tasks. They were designed to be able to fit in the droid sockets commonly found on starfighters. R2-D2 was a notable example of this model. Although the R2 series was used prior to the Clone Wars, they were still considered to be new during the Age of the Empire. According to C1-10P, a C1-series astromech droid, the greatest flaw in R2 units' programming was compassion.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as R2 series astromech droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: ABC-3PO
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- In the earliest Italian works, all astromech droids are called "C1 units" (R2-D2 is called "C1-P8").