The R3-series astromech droid was part of the line of R-series astromech droids manufactured by Industrial Automaton. Thanks to their Intellex V processors, R3 astromechs had faster processing abilities than the more common R2 units. Typically, R3 units had transparent plastex domes that showed off their overclocked processors. However, this was not always the case, as exemplified by R3-S6, who had an opaque dome.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- All Creatures Great and Small (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as R3-series astromech droid)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Builders: Droids
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide