- "Arfour, be careful! You have a—"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi warns R4 just before her death
R4-P17 was manufactured by Industrial Automaton some time prior to the Clone Wars. When an assassination attempt on Naboo senator Padmé Amidala occurred on Coruscant, R4 accompanied Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to Kamino and Geonosis to reveal the plot.
During the final days of the Clone Wars, R4 joined Obi-Wan Kenobi once again aboard his Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor in a battle above Coruscant. During the battle, Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker approached Separatist general Grievous' flagship, the Invisible Hand, in an attempt to rescue the kidnapped Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. As the two Jedi neared the flagship they encountered attacks from Pistoeka sabotage droids; during the attack, R4's dome was torn apart by a buzz droid, ending her career.
Personality and traitsEdit
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "Arfour, prepare to jettison spare part canisters."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to R4-P17
Behind the scenesEdit
R4-P17 first appeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones, a film released in 2002. She was given the nickname Arfour, but her full name "R4-P17" was confirmed as canon in Star Wars in 100 Scenes, a reference book written by Jason Fry, released on August 18, 2014.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Nightsisters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Journey Through Space
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes (First identified as R4-P17)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ screenshot)—The tweet in question refers to the number of in-universe years between the canon films and television shows. Using simple math, it can be deduced when Revenge of the Sith film takes place on the timeline. . “0 10 10-13 13 27 32 35 36” (
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars in 100 Scenes