|Chronological and political information|
The droid co-piloted Windu's Delta-7B Aethersprite-class light interceptor to Vanqor, where Windu and Anakin Skywalker were searching for survivors at the crash site of the Endurance after its crash landing there.
While scouting out the terrain surrounding the wreckage along with R2-D2, R8-B7 was cornered and attacked by two of the planet's native gundarks. R2-D2 attempted to save the hapless R8-B7 but was knocked out of the fray. Following R8-B7's destruction, R2-D2 flew Windu's Delta-7B offworld to inform the Jedi Council of Skywalker and Windu's situation on Vanqor.
Behind the scenesEdit
Because R8-B7 is named as an R8-series astromech droid, which were first manufactured in the late stages of the Galactic Civil War, this sets up a canonical ambiguity identical to that raised by the units R7-A7 and R7-D4.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- (First identified as R8-B7)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.23
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles