The RA-7 protocol droid, also known as an Insect Droid due to its appearance, was a model of protocol droid that was common in the galaxy around the time of the Clone Wars. Units produced early in the war shared much of their body plating with Cybot Galactica's 3PO unit, though this would be discontinued in favor of unique plating in the final years of the war. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, many RA-7s were used by Imperial officers as servants. A large number were aboard the Death Star, earning them the nickname "Death Star droids."
One notable RA-7 droid was AP-5, who served as an analyst droid for the Galactic Republic during the Ryloth campaign. Later, he worked an inventory droid for the Galactic Empire before defecting to rebellion after meeting the astromech droid Chopper.
- (First identified as Insect Droid)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Ezra's Gamble
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Rise of Clovis"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Rebels – "The Forgotten Droid"
- ↑ The Phantom Limb