Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RIC-920 was designed as a general purpose labor droid with rudimentary programming, allowing it to complete basic tasks. RIC-920 ended up as one of several RIC droids employed as rickshaw drivers in Mos Espa. Propelled by a pair of disc-mounted treads, RIC-920 pulled an unlicensed rickshaw through the busy spaceport streets.
Behind the scenesEdit
During script development for Attack of the Clones, George Lucas knew that Anakin and Padmé needed a form of transportation to travel across Mos Espa. Originally, Jay Shuster had envisioned an Otoga-222 maintenance droid as the rickshaw puller.
The RIC-920 design was finalized by Marc Gabbana. Though designed to pull the repulsorlift rickshaw, Gabbana envisioned the droid and the conveyance as two separate entities that were paired together by necessity rather than by design. In the finished film, RIC-920 was an entirely computer-generated creation.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novel) (as ES-PSA droid)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 66 (RIC1-4, RIC-920 Rickshaw Droid)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: RIC-920 Rickshaw)
- Star Wars Insider 60