The RPGA, alternatively known as the Role Playing Game Association and the RPGA Network, is a subsidiary of Wizards of the Coast that organized Star Wars tournament adventure scenarios under both the West End Games d6 and the later Wizards of the Coast d20 RPG systems. Founded in November 1980 by Frank Mentzer of TSR, Wizards of the Coast acquired the RPGA when they purchased TSR in 1997.
Prior to running the Living Force campaign, the RPGA—operating as TSR, Inc.—ran the Star Wars: Warriors of the Republic campaign, designed for the Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded rules.
Known primarily for the adventure scenarios released as part of the Living Force campaign, the RPGA has released a number of scenarios tied to the Star Wars: Warriors of the Republic campaign as well as numerous standalone scenarios. While later scenarios released to accompany the Wizards of the Coast d20 system may be considered canon, earlier scenarios may possibly be ambiguously canon or non-canon.
Initially, members of the RPGA were required to pay a subscription to access the scenarios, but the fee was later waived. The scenarios, however, remained only available to members and gamemasters, primarily distributed at conventions only.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ TSR's Star Wars: Warriors of the Republic campaign
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 http://www.sterlinghershey.com/freelance/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 http://www.moonrise.org/cons-gencon94.shtml
- ↑ DunDraCon 19 Program Book
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://www.moonrise.org/cons-gencon96.shtml
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 http://www.moonrise.org/cons-gencon98.shtml
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Child of Light via events.wizards.com
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Soulsaber via events.wizards.com
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Light and Dark via events.wizards.com