- "Starlog 3-24-1 from the bridge of the cruiser RS Revenge, Captain Kazan reporting. We are awaiting the return of Captain Han Solo and his first mate Chewbacca, who are long overdue on a delicate mission to acquire the mystical Talisman, which has been sought by our forces and by the Empire."
- ―Captain Kazan
The RS Revenge was a cruiser in the Rebel Alliance's fleet during their civil war against the Galactic Empire. At some point between 0 BBY and 1 ABY, it was captained by a man named Kazan and stationed at an Alliance base that was hidden in an asteroid field. When the Rebel-allied smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca left the base to retrieve a mystical artifact known as the Talisman, Kazan recorded a starlog journal entry about their mission from the RS Revenge's bridge. His entry, which mentioned the cruiser by name, was later used as narration for a cartoon created about the mission.
Behind the scenesEdit
The RS Revenge's only mention in Star Wars canon is in The Story of the Faithful Wookiee, a cartoon written by George Lucas and produced by Nelvana Studios. It first aired on television as part of 1978's The Star Wars Holiday Special and was later included as an Easter egg on the 2011 Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-ray release. Captain Kazan and the RS Revenge were late additions to the cartoon; neither are mentioned in the fourth draft of the Holiday Special's script.
- The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Story of the Faithful Wookiee
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Leland Y Chee (October 12, 2006, 6:13 PM). Holocron continuity database questions. StarWars.com forums. Archived from the original on February 15, 2012. Retrieved on July 26, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Star Wars Holiday Special
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- ↑ The Fourth Draft Script - 09/13/78. The Star Wars Holiday Special. Archived from the original on December 23, 2010. Retrieved on July 26, 2012.