RX-48 was an RX-Series pilot droid with a masculine programming. He once piloted pleasure liners for the Galactic Tourist Bureau, until he accidentally crashed a tour bus into a space station. At some other point, he also worked for Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a Hutt crime lord based on Tatooine.
Around 18 BBY, RX-48 was free from service to a master, and offered his skills for hire—marketing himself as "the cheapest of the best." That year, he was hired by Visler Korda, a disgraced Imperial officer, to pilot the stolen prototype scout ship Star Herald to the Xala system.
Behind the scenesEdit
RX-48 first appeared in Cavan Scott's Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold, the fifth entry in the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space junior novel series. He was named after Scott's late father-in-law, whose name was Rex and whose birth year was 1948.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- ↑ In Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal, Ezra Bridger is an infant. Since Ezra was born on Empire Day (Year 13), Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space must be set around Year 14.
- ↑ The story behind Star Wars Adventures in Wild Space's RX-48 on Cavan Scott's website