RX-48 was an RX-Series pilot droid with a masculine programming. He once piloted pleasure liners for the Galactic Tourist Bureau, until he accidentally crashed a tour bus into a space station. At some other point, he also worked for Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a Hutt crime lord based on Tatooine.
Around 18 BBY, RX-48 was free from service to a master, and offered his skills for hire—marketing himself as "the cheapest of the best." That year, he was hired by Visler Korda, a disgraced Imperial officer, to pilot the stolen prototype scout ship Star Herald to the Xala system. They clumsily shot down the Whisper Bird, the Graf family where it crashed on an ice moon. While trying to hunt the vessel, the Star Herald was boarded by snowtroopers who shot the droid.
Behind the scenesEdit
RX-48 first appeared in Cavan Scott's Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold, the fifth entry in the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space junior novel series. He was named after Scott's late father-in-law, whose name was Rex and whose birth year was 1948.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 In Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal, Ezra Bridger is an infant. Since Ezra was born on Empire Day (Year 13), Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space must be set around Year 14.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold
- ↑ The story behind Star Wars Adventures in Wild Space's RX-48 on Cavan Scott's website