A Racer was the name of individuals following in a career or hobby revolving around the race. Whether by airspeeder, starship, sporting vehicle, or on foot, all racers sought to be victorious in their personal competition.
Sports racersEditPodracers, Swoopers, and other types of athletes that competed in sports designed around a race were considered racers.
Some racers were given an added advantage over the competition in that they were naturally talented with the Force. Granting them not only extrasensory skills, it also guided racers to think about the meaning of the race in a cosmic sense. Able to know their place in time and space gave a racer a different perspective, and allowed them to ponder their reality on a more philosophical level. Intuition and a need to understand the future as it related to the positioning of self were the vehicles in which the racer drove themselves further along their course; a path carved by the Force. When sensing obstacles, if they feel that their path would end in a particular future, they know to avoid it. Skilled racers' perceptions extend beyond themselves to other beings. Capable of being in the right place at the right time, racers of this advanced skill were capable of rescuing people at just the right time. These abilities combined to give racers a calm aura, as they knew that emotions caused mistakes, and mistakes cost lives. Some Jedi Seekers had a proclivity towards the thrill of the race.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode I Racer
- Star Wars: Republic: Emissaries to Malastare
- Rogue Planet (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: The Followers (Mentioned only)
- Outbound Flight (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Star Wars: Racer Revenge
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- The Clone Wars: Crash Course
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (reference book)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace The Official Souvenir Magazine
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- "Rogues Gallery: An Audience of Aliens"—Star Wars Insider 131
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Sebulba (★★★★))
- Endless Vigil