- "Ages ago in the garbage pits of Coruscant, illegal racers figured out how to make personal flyers out of scavenged airfoils and low-power repulsorlifts."
- ―Chentu Chek
Racing wings were designed by the impoverished fringe living in Coruscant's undercity, where homemade parawings were used to soar through the tractor field boosters and rocketing garbage canisters of the Coruscant Waste Management Authority. An optical cup fed avionics data directly into the pilot's eye, and small wingtip-mounted maneuvering jets helped steer the contraption into the tractor fields that provided it with lift and power. Anakin Skywalker was involved in a race with racing wings in 29 BBY. They were later used as the basis for the design of Imperial Intelligence parawings.
- Anakin: Apprentice
- Rogue Planet (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: Honor and Duty
- Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett (Indirect mention only)