|Chronological and political information|
- "I'm sorry, I'm a bit distracted. I'm trying to remember something…"
- ―Radanthus Mandelatara
Radanthus Mandelatara was a Human male who lived during the time of the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Sometime following the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY, he stayed at the hotel in Moenia, a city on the planet Naboo.
A Human male, Randanthus Mandalatara lived at the time of the major galactic conflict known as the Galactic Civil War, during which the Alliance to Restore the Republic won a decisive victory against the Galactic Empire at the Battle of Yavin in 0 BBY. At some point following the battle, Mandelatara elected to stay at the hotel in the city of Moenia, an artists' retreat on the planet Naboo.
During his stay at the Moenia hotel, Mandelatara encountered a spacer who wished to speak to him. However, Mandelatara did not want to speak to the spacer, because he was distracted and was trying to remember something he had forgotten.
Personality and traitsEdit
At the time of his stay in Moenia, Mandelatara wore a vest and padded jacket. The jacket was a type of clothing worn by both Imperial Surface Marshals and Alliance recruitment agents, and was similar to the vest and tunic worn by Rebel troopers stationed at Echo Base on the planet Hoth. However, his jacket differed from those worn by the Hoth Rebels, in that the padded collar was an integral component of his under-jacket rather than the vest. Furthermore, Mandelatara's jacket was colored differently than those worn by Imperial and Rebel forces. His consisted of a brown-colored vest, with a beige-colored under-jacket. The belt he wore around his vested jacket was a dark shade of brown, with a silver-colored buckle. In addition to the vested jacket, Mandelatara also wore brown pocketed work pants and brown standard boots.
Behind the scenesEdit
Radanthus Mandelatara was a non-player character in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. In the game Mandelatara served no particular purpose, merely telling players who attempted to converse with him that he was distracted and trying to remember something. In the game's directory tree files, Mandelatara is placed among the many NPCs who gave players simple kill, delivery, and escort quests. The directory contains dialogue for a quest which never made it into the game, involving the killing of beasts which consumed Mairlenn's pet voorpak. However, as was the case with many of the game's earlier NPCs, certain quests were bugged or could not be initiated altogether.
- "The touring company for my current production—"Hearts of Empire," now at Theed's Templexus of the Dramatic Arts, seats still available—has run into a teensy problem. Our female lead, Mairlenn, had a pet voorpak, called Dotti or something. She took the little thing with her on a visit to the countryside, let it roam, and, well, those voorpaks really are a major source of protein in the ecosystem, aren't they? Mairlenn is in quite a snit. She saw the creatures that ate Dotti, and she insists that I find someone to locate and punish those beasts, I mean really punish them. Is that okay?"
- ―Radanthus Mandelatara
Radanthus Mandelatara was the playwright responsible for the production known as Hearts of Empire, which played at Theed's Templexus of the Dramatic Arts. During his stay at the Moenia hotel, his touring company encountered a problem when the female lead named Mairlenn lost her pet voorpak named Dotti to a pack of beasts during a visit to the Nabooian countryside. After having witnessed the grizzly ordeal, Mairlenn insisted that Mandelatara find someone to 'punish' the pack of beasts. Seeing that the woman was in quite a snit, Mandelatara relented and hired a spacer to locate the beasts and kill them. Mandelatara was relieved when he learned of the spacer's success. Due in part to having a budget line item for Mairlenn's demands, Mandelatara had no problem with paying the individual for completing the job.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies MMORPG to close this year. The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group Limited (2011-06-27, 3:42 pm BST). Retrieved on December 16, 2014. "Sony, who created the game, announced via email and the game's support forum and website that the online game will be closed on 15 December ."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided directory tree files