The Raddus, formerly known as the Dawn of Tranquility, was an MC85 Star Cruiser that served as the flagship of General Leia Organa. It was used by the Resistance during its war against the First Order. It was one of the last ships built before the signing of the Military Disarmament Act by the Galactic Empire and New Republic. The vessel gained the moniker Raddus upon its entry into the service of the Resistance, when Admiral Gial Ackbar petitioned to rename it in honor of the famed Admiral Raddus, who had died in service of the Alliance at the Battle of Scarif after defying the Rebel Alliance's political leaders and choosing to fight against seemingly insurmountable odds.
The Raddus was a part of the New Republic's home fleet under the name Dawn of Tranquility, before being retired and remodeled by the Resistance to be less crew intensive, eliminating systems and computerization deemed unnecessary. In large part because of these modifications, it was considered a valued resource within the Resistance's cause and was renamed Raddus in honor of the fallen Rebel Alliance hero, Admiral Raddus.
Fighting the First OrderEdit
Immediately after the destruction of Starkiller Base, the Raddus participated in the evacuation of D'Qar. While Poe Dameron and a team of bombers engaged the retaliating First Order forces, the remaining Resistance personnel was successfully transferred to the orbiting ship. The Raddus jumped to lightspeed, but was tracked through hyperspace by Snoke's flagship, the Supremacy, and attacked.
Deploying TIE fighters, Kylo Ren in his TIE Silencer, attacked the cruiser, destroying its main hangar, then directed towards the bridge. Sensing his mother's presence on the ship through the Force, Kylo hesitated and at last decided to not to fire. His two wingmen, however, including Lieutenant Poldin LeHuse, carried on with the attack. The bridge was torn apart and exposed to the vacuum of space, killing most of Resistance High Command, including Admiral Gial Ackbar. General Organa was the only one who survived, as she used the Force to get back to safety.
- "FIRE ON THAT CRUISER!!!"
- ―Armitage Hux, too late to stop the Raddus's kamikaze attack
Upon arrival at Crait, the ship was evacuated by lifeboats, with Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo deciding to stay behind and command the vessel from its secondary command bridge, in order to draw the First Order away from the fleeing vessels. When the Supremacy started to target the lifeboats, Holdo turned the Raddus and rammed the Mega-class Star Dreadnought at lightspeed, destroying itself and inflicting serious damage to the Supremacy, along with several of the escorting Resurgent-class Star Destroyers in the process.
- Star Wars Battlefront II (First canonical appearance) (DLC)
- Poe Dameron 24: Legend Found, Part V
- The Last Jedi: Bomber Command
- "Rose Knows"—Star Wars Adventures 6
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 1
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 2
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 4
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 5 (Indirect mention only)
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- Poe Dameron 28: The Awakening, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 29: The Awakening, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay (First appearance)
- BB-8 on the Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero (Screenshots: 1, 2) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as Dawn of Tranquility)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- (Indirect mention only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Star Wars App-Enabled Droids by Sphero
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 3.21 3.22 3.23 3.24 3.25 3.26 3.27 3.28 3.29 3.30 3.31 3.32 3.33 3.34 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi takes place immediately after the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition