Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Don't they know that painting the ship red only makes it a better target?"
- ―Trade Federation gunner Jull Dremon
The Consular-class cruiser Radiant VII was a 115 meter-long Space Cruiser. It had three Dyne 577 radial atomizer engines, and its Long Voltrans tri-arc CD-3.2 hypderdrive engine was a class 2. It had a crew of eight, and a passenger capacity of 16. It was equipped with two 8-person escape pods. The salon pod was capable of being ejected.
- "Captain, look!"
- ―The crew of the Radiant VII moments before its destruction.
The Radiant VII was built in the shipyards of Corellian Engineering Corporation above Corellia. Since 66 BBY it was in the service of the Republic Diplomatic Corps. Under Captain Maoi Madakor, it flew at the Battle of Galidraan.
Under Madakor and its new copilot, Lieutenant Antidar Williams, the ship's final mission took place in 32 BBY: delivering Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi to Naboo in a attempt to end the blockade that was placed on the planet by the Trade Federation. However, soon after landing inside the Saak'ak, the Radiant VII was destroyed upon Darth Sidious' orders, killing both crew members and preventing an easier escape by Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The two Jedi were then forced to escape from the Saak-ak. On their way through the vessel's hangar bay, Jinn and Kenobi took cover behind the Radiant VII's wreckage while they disabled a laser turret.
Behind the scenesEdit
The early designs of the Radiant VII had a smooth, "Coruscant-look" to it. After several iterations, George Lucas and Doug Chiang decided that the cruiser should have a strong visual link to the original trilogy. With that direction, Chiang and the Art Department devised a ship with a more rectilinear profile that echoed the design of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope's Tantive IV. One of the last additions to the cruiser was the small antenna array that rests above the cockpit. Lucas felt that the ship needed "a little extra something" to guide the audience's eyes to that section of the ship.
The vessel's destruction in the video game adaptation differs slightly from the the movie. In the movie, the Radiant VII was destroyed before the Jedi leave the conference room, but in the game, it explodes after Kenobi escaped the conference room and reached the hangar bay.
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 1
- Episode I Adventures 1: Search for the Lost Jedi
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul
- Episode I Adventures 4: Jedi Emergency
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novelization
- Episode I: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons 3 (Appears in flashback(s)) (Retcon)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (reference book)
- Star Wars: Episode I Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- Obi-Wan: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Coruscant Limited (Card: Radiant VII)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 3 (NAB1, NAB3–4 The Naboo Blockade)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (NUT4, Nute Gunray) (Indirect mention only)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 13 (NAB10, The Naboo Blockade)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 33 (REP2, Republic Cruiser)
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- Star Wars PocketModel TCG – Base Set (Card: Consular Ship) (Picture only)
- The Phantom Menace: The Expanded Visual Dictionary
- "Ask Lobot"—Star Wars Insider 133 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Antidar Williams)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the Invasion of Naboo happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Jango Fett: Open Seasons
- ↑ Star Wars: Obi-Wan