- "Come here, child. Do you intend to explore the Academy? To know the world that gave birth to the Sith? You should linger here a while. I am Overseer Ragate, a keeper of the old ways. I sense you have potential—and I can help you, if you like."
- ―Overseer Ragate
Ragate was a female Human Sith of the resurgent Sith Empire and an overseer at the Korriban Sith Academy. During the Galactic War between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, she administrated the Rite of blood and bone at the Academy. Around 3638 BBY, Ragate was killed when a Republic strike team barged into the Academy.
- "I administer the Rite of blood and bone; a ritual performed beyond this doorway. It is a rite acolytes have participated in for ten thousand years."
- ―Overseer Ragate
A female Human, Ragate was a member of the reconstituted Sith Empire. As an Overseer at the Sith Academy of Korriban, Ragate was tasked with instructing multiple acolytes in the ways of the dark side of the Force. By the time of the Galactic War, Overseer Ragate had become an old, frail-looking woman. As the administrator of the Rite of blood and bone, she supervised the test of many acolytes. During her tenure as administrator of the rite, Ragate supervised the tests of a promising Sith warrior and of the soon-to-be Lord Kallig. In 3638 BBY, the Republic devised a plan to retrieve a set of data from the chambers of the Empire's Dark Council, which were located in the Sith Academy. When a group of four Republic heroes broke into the Academy, Ragate and her fellow overseers tried to block access to the turbolift leading to the Dark Council chambers. However, the old overseer proved unable to stop the enemy strike team, and she died defending the Sith Academy.
Personality and traitsEdit
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Ragate is a non-player character in the Star Wars: The Old Republic video game. She is featured in the Korriban mission, "The Blood Legacy", exclusively for Sith Warriors and Sith Inquisitors, and later in the Republic flashpoint mission, "Assault on Tython" as of Game Update 2.7: Invasion.
Among the conversation choices, the player can joke about Ragate's old age, implying she might have been beautiful millennia ago. In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, the character of Atton Rand made a similar mockery of Kreia, stating that "She may have been good-looking once, but it takes some hard living to make creases like that." 
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Using information from the novel The Old Republic: Annihilation and Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire, the events of Game Updates 2.0 through 3.3 for Star Wars: The Old Republic can be placed in the time period between 3640 BBY and 3637 BBY. According to The Old Republic's lead designer Charles Boyd (screenshot), the game's events can be assumed to occur in a timeline matching that of their real-time release. Therefore, the events of Game Update 2.7: Invasion can be placed in approximately 3638 BBY.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—[TACTICAL] Flashpoint: "Korriban Incursion: Republic"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior Mission: "Blood Legacy" on Korriban
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords