- "Well, well, if it isn't the Rebel Alliance! Seeing as how you're all about helping people, how about lending me a hand? I've got some unwanted Imperial attention..."
- ―Han Solo
- "The captured pirate has divulged information he's gathered on this superweapon project. We know where Tarkin was conducting research, but we risk a frontal assault on a fortified Imperial station."
- ―Mon Mothma
After having captured a pirate informer over Atzerri, the Rebel Alliance had learnt that Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin was personally overseeing the Imperial superweapon project from a space station orbiting Corulag. But before attacking the station, the Rebels needed to find a way to disable the defenses of the station.
After hearing of Han Solo's success at rescuing Chewbacca and a number of Wookiees earlier on Kashyyyk, Mon Mothma strived to contact him to help the Rebellion's investigations. They eventually found him caught in a Star Destroyer's tractor beam over Corellia.
- Mon Mothma: "We will consider it payment for future services rendered."
- Han Solo: "Payment? Well, I... okay, okay! Fine! Deal! Just get us out of here!"
- ―Mon Mothma and Han Solo[src]
The rebels sent a small fleet in the system to rescue him. While the Rebel fleet attacked the Imperial-class Star Destroyers, the Y-wings moved in to disable the tractor beam of the command Star Destroyer. They eventually managed to destroy it before it could reach the Cardan-class space station. The Millennium Falcon escaped and hyperspaced out of the system.
- "We have a mission for you, Captain Solo. Something that I feel is perfectly suited for someone with your particular... skills. We have an errand for you to run to Vergesso."
- ―Mon Mothma to Han Solo
Mon Mothma later personally recruited Han Solo and Chewbacca, despite Solo's reluctance, to assist the Rebels in the raid on the Imperial research facility over Corulag. Solo was hired to plant a tracking device and EMP in one of the cargo containers bound for the research station.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide (First identified as Raid above Corellia)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 Star Wars: Empire at War
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Han Solo is personally recruited by Raymus Antilles after the Rebels free him from a Star Destroyer's tractor beam during the Raid at Corellia, as she wants his help investigating the rumors and info that the Rebels have gathered during the Ambush in the Cron Drift and Leia's conversation with Lord Tion.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Captain Raymus Antilles is assigned by Mon Mothma to the Tantive IV after the Raid over Corulag, and she orders Leia to continue her investigation. Since Antilles is not commanding the Tantive at Ralltiir, but he is at Kattada, the Corellia, Vergesso, and Corulag operations must precede Kattada.
- ↑ A Star Destroyer is destroyed at the Raid above Corellia, and since the Intrepid was the first Star Destroyer eliminated by Rebels (discounting game mechanics), the Raid must follow the Circarpous system conflict.
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire: Princess... Warrior