Behind the scenesEdit
Rakata Prime, also known as Lehon, first appeared in the 2003 Star Wars Legends video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic as the "Unknown World." The planet was the location of an ancient race known as the Rakata, beings who once ruled the ancient Infinite Empire and built a superweapon called the Star Forge. The 2005 reference book The New Essential Chronology introduced the name Rakata Prime, while the 2005 novel Darth Bane: Path of Destruction introduced the name Lehon.
Rakata Prime was introduced into canon through a map of the galaxy created for the 2015 reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was first revealed in Empire magazine on November 26, 2015. Through his official Twitter account, the Lucasfilm Story Group's Pablo Hidalgo, author of The Force Awakens Visual Dictionary, confirmed the map's canon status.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ screenshot) . “yep.” (
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ De Semlyen, Phil (November 26, 2015). Exclusive: Empire reveals names of new Star Wars planets. Empire. Retrieved on November 26, 2015.
- ↑ screenshot) . “WARNING, INCOMING PLUG: That galaxy map was generated for the TFA Visual Dictionary, btw. PLUG COMPLETE.” (